Hybrid (In-person + Virtual attendance)
The DH Benelux conference strives to be inclusive and allow for the seamless integration of in-person and virtual attendance. Posters and demonstrations require special dedicated planning for virtual and in-person attendance. The organizers reserve the option to run them only in-person or virtually, in case of no or limited demand for the alternative option. The authors are invited to express at submission time whether they have a preference for in-person or virtual attendance; their preferences will inform the organizers’ planning. All other formats are guaranteed to run in hybrid mode.
How to access Belval Campus
2, avenue de l’Université
Tel.: (+352) 46 66 44 1
Tel. +352 2464-0
Check the Belval Campus map – as is currently available on google maps – for route information.
Outdoor parking areas and underground car parks are available throughout the campus, particularly P+R Belval Université (in French).
The following bus lines (in French) are servicing several stops on Belval Campus:
- TICE Ligne 1: Esch – Belvaux – Lamadeleine;
- TICE Ligne 2: Esch – Soleuvre – Differdange;
- TICE Ligne 3: Esch – Belval – Bascharage – Niederedingen;
- TICE Ligne 4: Belval – Esch – Schifflange – Kayl – Dudelange;
- TICE Ligne 7: Belval – Esch – Lallange – ZARE;
- TICE Ligne 15: Esch – Belval – Bascharage – Clemency;
- RGTR Ligne 202: Luxembourg – Belvaux – Obercorn;
- RGTR Ligne 203: Luxembourg – Soleuvre – Differdange;
- RGTR Ligne 321: Luxembourg – Esch/Alzette – Villerupt (F);
- RGTR Ligne 322: Esch – Rédange (F);
- RGTR Ligne 332: Steinfort – Belval;
- RGTR Ligne transfrontalière 306: Trier (D) – Cloche d’Or – Belval;
- RGTR Ligne transfrontalière 309: Perl (D) – Frisange – Belval
By Train, “Belval-Université” Train Stop
From Luxembourg City: Trains departing every 15 minutes from Luxembourg Central Station are direct to “Belval-Université” – line is connection-free via Esch-sur-Alzette. Get information on train schedules on the CFL’s website. When on site, access to buildings is easy on foot.
From Paris: Since 2007 the TGV (high speed train) replaces the express trains between Paris and Luxemburg. The journey between the two capital cities only takes two hours and five minutes. Several round trips a day will take passengers from Paris (Gare de l’Est) to Luxembourg or vice versa.
From other cities: please call the Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois: +352 2489-2489. Or visit: www.cfl.lu or www.sncf.com.
By Bicycle & On Foot
A bicycle path runs south of Belval Campus and many pedestrian areas have been developed between main streets. Bicycle parking facilities area available across campus. Bicycle shelters are available at the “Belval-Université” train station.
Here is additional information on gentle mobility on Belval Campus (PDF) and on gentle mobility in Luxembourg.
Delegates can benefit from reduced rates at some hotels near the conference venue. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive the discount code.
List of hotels in the area:
IBIS Hotel on Belval (within 5 minutes’ walk to the conference location) : https://all.accor.com/hotel/7071/index.fr.shtml?utm_campaign=seo+maps&utm_medium=seo+maps&utm_source=google+Maps
Residhome on Belval Campus (within 5 minutes’ walk to the conference location) : https://www.residhome.com/?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=content&utm_campaign=Marque_Exact_Ext_ads1
Hotel Mia Zia in Belvaux (8 minutes with bus to conference location) : http://miazia.lu/
Youthostel in Esch sur Alzette (5 minutes with train to conference location) : https://youthhostels.lu/en/youth-hostels/youth-hostel-esch
Hotel de la Poste (5 minutes with train to conference location) : https://www.hoteldelaposteluxembourg.com/
Please note that public transportation is free of charge in Luxembourg.
Here a link to schedule your travels in Luxembourg with public transportation : https://www.mobiliteit.lu/en/
Here you can find a list of restaurants in Belval.
The university canteens will be open to conference participants, and will accept cash payments only.
- Wearing a mask on the Campus and inside the buildings is optional.
- Wearing a mask in public transport is mandatory.
- Pharmacy nearby the University: https://pharmaciedebelval.lu/en/
Here you can find the Visitors’ Guide